Friday, February 18, 2011

Blogging "On Hold" Until Further Notice

I just wanted to touch base with my readers and followers and first say "thanks" for helping this blog become a success.

But because of several non-life threatening health issues primarily dealing with my father I'm going on a hiatus from blogging for awhile. He's in no immediate danger or anything, but the issues I'm talking about require some extra time from me. At the present when I do find time to try and write something, "the flow" isn't really there and the effort is forced. And quite frankly, my writing has not been up to par. There's one thing I've learned in the two and a half years since I started this....if "it's not there", you can't force the issue. It's best to back away.

Maybe in awhile I'll share more about what's going on, but as of now we're in the process of connecting dots. And just maybe it can help others who may be in a similar situation.

Right now the story of the year is probably the situation in Wisconsin and other states regarding Republican governors versus public employee unions and their respective budgets. I'll chime in on the issue eventually (and guess who's side I'm on?), but now isn't really a good time.

I might be back in 24 hours ( odds; 3 to 1) or 24 days (50 to 1), so it will probably be sooner rather than later. And I will be logged on to check for comments, and the proverbial spammers, and see what my bloggie buds are doing.

Seeya later....I promise!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I hope Dad is okay Hugh! You know I know what your daily life is like with senior parents in the home. Our minds are on other things and it is hard sometimes to concentrate to write and even harder to absorb the news to write something readable, been there many times!! LOL

I was back in just 2 days, I'll check on ya in 2 days to see if you came back! Take the time you need! :-)

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Thanks Sue.....it's that dreaded combo of fatigue and stress.....nothing really shattering or anything like that. It's just really difficult to get into a flow, and organize coherent thoughts.

Taking my Dad for several tests and doctor visits over the next few weeks, and should have a clearer picture in March.....hopefully all for the better.

But who knows? Maybe I'll go for some "R & R" in a nice quiet college town, like Madison, Wisconsin.

Sue said...

wouldn't it be fun to go to Wisconsin??! :-)

tnlib said...

You're doing the right thing, Hugh. I'll be waiting and hoping whatever the situation with your dad is turns out for the best.

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Thanks Leslie.

I'll probably blog about what's going on and how we're dealing with it in diary form, but just not now. Doing that might be therapeutic for me and perhaps helpful to anyone in a similar situation.

As I said, it's nothing immediately life threatening, but there is a situation that concerns us.

I will be back soon, probably by the end of the week at the latest.

education New's said...

very good, I like this, an incredible information

Related Posts with Thumbnails