Monday, November 8, 2010

Olbermann Returns To MSNBC On Tuesday


Welcome Home!

After suspending Keith Olbermann for making contributions to three Democratic candidates, and breaking MSNBC's ethics policy, the cable news network's chief Phil Griffin said that Olbermann will return to his show this Tuesday.

Griffin released the following statement.

“After several days of deliberation and discussion, I have determined that suspending Keith through and including Monday night’s program is an appropriate punishment for his violation of our policy. We look forward to having him back on the air Tuesday night.”


Almost 300,000 people signed an online petition presented by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee to urge Olbermann's reinstatement by Mr. Griffin. Senator Bernie Sanders and others across the spectrum of politics and political commentary have also made statements regarding Olbermann's suspension and have asked for his return to MSNBC.

Surely, a very memorable Special Comment will follow.

4 comments:

Malcolm said...

I read the good news about Keith's return early this morning. I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say about the suspension... assuming that NBC hasn't forbade him from discussing it in public.

Sue said...

I'm looking forward to a very interesting "special comment" from Keith too! Yes, assuming he can talk about it all.

TomCat said...

I'm proud to say that about 400 of those signatures came from a link to the petition that I posted. In addition, we shut down MSNBC's switchboard on Friday and Saturday with our protest calls. I trust he has agrees not to express, ot at least minimize his outrage.

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Hey guys...thanks for the comments. I'm pretty sure he won't be muzzled while speaking about his suspension, it would be counter productive, and frankly, I don't think Olbermann would come back with that as a stipulation.

And TC...I don't think outrage will factor into it at all. I can't honestly see any scenario where MSNBC's management could feel good about the suspension. But the rule was in place, and Keith violated it. Management couldn't sit by and do nothing, and the fact that Keith is the top dog made the choice to suspend necessary....even though hated to see it happen as well.

If I could ask Keith one question and a followup it would be "Did you know about the ethics stipulation?". If he said yes, my followup would be "Did you have a motive for making those donations?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails