Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Keith Olbermann- Special Comment On American Health Care, 10/7/09


I'm composing this on the same day I put my mother in a wheelchair, and pushed her into an orthopedic group, where the examining doctor told her she had a condition that could be corrected by surgery, but because or her age, 80, she would not be a good candidate for surgery and rehab. Therefore, she will have to wake up and deal with pain everyday for the rest of her life. And I will have to be with her during that journey to help ease the suffering, with the use of selected pain killers. I just wanted to say that before I embed the following videos from Keith Olbermann, in an hour long SPECIAL COMMENT, sharing his thoughts and the story of the loss of his mother earlier this year, and the ongoing suffering of his ailing father. I've never met Mr. Olbermann, but I do think of him now as a sort of kinsman.










5 comments:

TomCat said...

Hi Hugh. Thanks for you visit and comment at Politics Plus. I have followed you and put you on the blog roll.

I feel for you and your mom, and wish you both all the best.

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Thank you TomCat. Our situation is not as dire as Olbermann's is with his Dad. But still, everyday I act more and more as the arms, legs,care giver, etc for two elderly parents, one of whom is starting to fail physically but not mentally, and the other who is sliding mentally, but not physically.

But for now, its a manageable situation. Hopefully it will remain so.

Thanks for your comments. I enjoyed your blog and opinions, and added it to my blog roll as well.

TomCat said...

Thanks Hugh. I'm an Atlantic City boy myself :-)

Canadian said...

I feel for you, I really do. Our families are so precious to us that when they are in danger or pain nothing else seems to matter. I must say that I am Canadian and I have been following the health care debates with great interest. It breaks my heart that some people in the States are so set against a public system. Your mother's operation and hospital stay and rehab etc. would all be covered under our system.Cost to her - $0. Her drugs would be at cost because she is a senior.Renovations to your house to accommodate her wheelchair might be paid for if your income was low. We pay $238.00 per year per person in healthcare tax.Our system isn't perfect, but it's surely better than the suffering you're going through right now. Why is it that Americans are so set against it when they don't even know what our system provides?I wish you all the best and I hope your mother gets the help she needs. God Bless.

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Canadian- I didn't respond to your post right away, because thinking about the situation angers me.

There are two parts of the problem; big money from big insurance controls the debate through lobbyists who pay off members of Congress, mainly Republicans, but a lot of Democrats as well....guys like Joe Lieberman (I actually voted for the douchebag for VP).

The other part is ignorance....and just plain old stupidity...by a certain segment of the American electorate- the ones who don't travel or read and just believe the Mount Everest of total horse crap dished out by Limbaugh and the minions at Faux News.

Canada sounds like such wonderful, civilized, and sensible place.

You're very lucky to live there.

Thanks for your kind words and concern.

Related Posts with Thumbnails