Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Everybody''s In Show Biz, Everybody's A Star"


I was just at another site before and read a short exchange between posters about who or what constitutes "celebrity". I forget who said it, but years ago someone described Zsa Zsa Gabor as the ultimate celebrity- someone who "was famous for being famous". There really is karma in the universe; Zsa Zsa was once married to Conrad Hilton, Paris's grandfather.

Apples don't fall far from the trees, do they?

To make a long story short, the nature of celebrity has changed so radically with the 1,000 channel TV universe, reality shows, and the internet. We have stars on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter. And the true prophet, Andy Warhol, was right...we're all going to be famous for 15 minutes.




I kept thinking about an old song by the Kinks. Here it is set to a montage of some of the greats from Hollywood's Golden Age.



I get tired of ranting about politics, current events, and futile attempts to save the human race. Nobody's listening to me; you guys are all watching BIG BROTHER!

Oh well. I'm going to have a beer or three.

Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails