Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Too Old To Rock N Roll- Too Young To Die: Rod Stewart- GASOLINE ALLEY


Too Old To Rock N Roll- Too Young To Die: Rod Stewart- GASOLINE ALLEY

This is just a little "cross-bloggerization" on my part. A few days ago I came upon an amazing version of the song Gasoline Alley by Rod Stewart and posted it on my classic rock blog Too Old To Rock and Roll- Too Young To Die. And knowing that a certain segment of readers here only know Rod from THE GREAT AMERICAN SONGBOOK and its two followups...and that this blog does have more traffic ..I thought I'd post this link to a video of young Rod (circa 1970) with an al capella version of the song. The only sounds are of his voice, his feet tapping, and some chirping birds in the distance. A great "lost performance" from days gone by.

Ciao!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails