Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Delaney C . Walsh- "It Ain't Right"




Delaney C. Walsh showed up in my email one day- she was just there, unannounced. I had just jumped into the wonderful world of TWITTER with both feet. And I got this email from TWITTER saying that Delaney Walsh was now following me.

I had no clue as to why!

But when you get to be my age and a pretty (much) younger woman knocks on your door...you let her in. And I started following Delaney's "tweets" on Twitter.

She's a self described "singer, songwriter, and rockin' revolutionary" based in Nashville. I kept telling myself that one day I would check out her songs and videos. And today I finally did.

This young lady is a wonderful talent. I went on to her MySpace Page, and the first song I heard was her duet with the legendary Leon Russell, with a version of Leon's old song Stranger In A Strange Land. I was blown away by Delaney's performance. She has a voice reminiscent of Melissa Etheridge, as well as of the greatest blues singer most Americans have never heard of, Scotland's Maggie Bell.

Then I went to YouTube, and checked out a video she had posted for her song "It Ain't Right". I watched it.....and I wanted to stand up and cheer. Delaney has a the voice...and she has a sense of social consciousness as well. As a veteran of another war, I felt touched by her caring for those who have been wounded or broken or killed. As an American, and a lover of music, I was impressed by the power of her voice, and of her words, and of the images she chose to convey her message of solidarity with those who are in pain and who are suffering from the ravages of war and from recession.

This lady's got a big dose of the "60's residing in her soul. God bless her.

She deserves attention, and an expanded audience.



Pretty incredible, ain't she?

Delaney C Walsh can be found on MySpace and Twitter. Her MySpace page will give you additional information about her and her EP which can be downloaded.

2 comments:

Delaney_Walsh said...

Hey Hugh! :)
It's Delaney! Thank you sooooo much for this amazing review! Glad you dig the tunes and the vibes!
Keep on Truckin'!
Delaney

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Hey Delaney! I just loved, loved, loved, loved the song and the video presentation. It was so powerful and made such an incredible statement.

I said before you've got some '60's in you....and some Springsteen as well.

Thanks for dropping by...and wishing you success in your career.

Related Posts with Thumbnails