(1) A massive snowstorm that's about to hit the area, possibly dumping 12" or more of snow overnight. We haven't had one snowfall of more than 3" all season. And it has to happen in MARCH, when I'm just counting the days until spring. It ain't fair.
(2) Baseball- steroids, cheating, coverups, mystery cousins, federal prosecutors...the game just isn't the same. And it makes me sad.
(3) Ann Coulter- Benjamin Franklin once said that thinking out loud is the source of most of the world's problems. Ann Coulter validates that point.
(4) Unsupervised, out of control kids in public areas- stores, restaurants, libraries, etc. And....
(5) The parents of unsupervised, out of control kids in public areas. Do your job!
(6) The people who say I'm "anti-kid" for complaining about kids who are out of control and parents who are either oblivious to their behavior or don't give a damn. I love kids....maybe not your annoying kid, but 90% of 'em are OK. Its just that there is an increasing amount of little buggers who are poster children for PLANNED PARENTHOOD. And Octo-mom....if you're reading this, please don't take it personally
(7) People who stop their shopping carts right in front of you in the supermarket, who can't take the cell phone out of their ears for for an hour, who cause you to nearly collide into them, all because they have to hear about Sally's big disastrous date with Harry. Take the call outside, and talk when you're driving home!
(8) Rush Limbaugh- today he's urging conservatives to take back America. I guess they haven't finished the job. Like Chief Inspector Dreyfuss said about the effect Inspector Jacques Clouseau had a certain principality... "Today a peaceful and thriving kingdom, tomorrow a wasteland".
(9) Somebody as attractive as Limbaugh's ladyfriend, Kathryn Rogers, actually going out with that uber-windbag.
(10) People who complain about other people on the internet. I guess that means me.
Till then....and in the words of the late Paul Harvey (RIP)...."Good Day!"
To those who said that this is a fad....guess again. It is a movement. Today, at 2:00PM, citizens who have had enough will march on the...
Eric LeGrand was paralyzed in the Rutgers- Army football game. To send Eric a "Get Well" message click his photo.
Eric LeGrand BELIEVE Fund
Click the picture for more information on the Eric LeGrand BELIEVE Fund, established for the longterm care and rehabilitation of this seriously injured Rutgers Football player. Thank You!
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. "
Ten From Nick Drake
Welcome To My Neighborhood!
Its called "Useless Trivia and Mindless Rants". That's because I adhere to the principle that you can't please everyone, nor should you try to please everyone....so before anyone else rips this blog for being a waste of time or having faulty logic, I thought I'd beat them to the punch, and zing just a bit of self deprecating humor into the title....hey, some people think that's an endearing quality.
Seriously....I hope to entertain and maybe inform, and even teach the reader about a few subjects. And don't be alarmed by the political trappings you may see here. I'm upfront about my political beliefs and affiliations, but I don't wear my politics on my sleeve, and have and always will refuse to be locked into a rigid dogma. This is not really a political blog; its just disguised as one.
My model is probably CBS SUNDAY MORNING, a magazine format. I'll talk about news, sports, TV and films, about music, literature and pop culture, and about the famous and the infamous....and about some people who are out there trying to make a difference in a world that seems to get just a little tougher everyday.
Oh yes...there will be some politics as well.
So pour a cup of coffee, cut a piece of cheesecake.....and stick around for a few minutes.
Occupation- If you believe my conservative friends, I'm a pinko commie socialist out to destroy the very fabric of America's core beliefs.
Liberals think I'm an old school moderate Democrat, and that a guy my age needs to get his hair cut more often.
Just put away that broad brush....
I'm just a "Blue Jersey Guy" who happens to "Bleed Scarlet".