Thursday, October 16, 2008

Palin Is No Margaret Thatcher

From CNNPolitics comes this commentary from CNN European Political Editor Robin Oakley, a view of Sarah Palin from Europe.

Most memorable passage:
"That certainly was overdoing it. So much so that after 20 years close up reporting on the original I can't resist the temptation to paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen's comment when Dan Quayle unwisely compared himself to John F. Kennedy. 'I've interviewed Margaret Thatcher, Governor Palin and I can tell you that you are no Margaret Thatcher.'"



Read all about it here.

2 comments:

Femin Susan said...

Your blog is sparkling. It has a great appeal. How are U able to cope such a lot and too good for words. Meet me at
http://www.veg-art.blogspot.com/
Waiting with curiosity. To know your innovation

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Thanks- this has to be the first time anyone has ever referred to any of my creations as "sparkling".

Drop by again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails